The Post Closing Checklist
You’ve just closed your house purchase–now what? Of course, there’s the packing, unpacking and decorate, but fist before you unpack we recommend to use the power pest control service to clean your house and not after you move in. This checklist will help you stay on track.
Determine your moving needs, including:
- Movers or a van (donate items you will not take with you in the move prior to obtaining an estimate)
- Boxes (include a variety of sizes and divided containers for glassware)
- Packing paper, tape and markers to identify boxes
- Consider moving special breakables yourself, if possible
- Have paper towel, bathroom tissue, plastic cups and other necessities available for use on moving day
- Measure doors, hallways and stairways prior to moving day to be sure they will accommodate your possessions
- Save your receipts – you may be able to deduct some moving expenses
- Get the names and addresses, payment dates, account numbers and amounts you have to pay for your mortgage, taxes, condo maintenance and
- utility charges.
Create your change of address notification list, including:
- The post office
- Doctor and dentist offices
- Benefit providers
- Magazine subscriptions
- Auto and home insurance
Additional checklist items:
- Change your driver’s license and your registration information with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Failing to do so could incur a fine.
- Get to know your neighborhood: the closest grocery stores, pharmacies, police and fire stations, hospital. Ask your realtor or loan officer for recommendations for veterinarians and other professionals.
- Call your local government office to identify garbage and recycling days.
- Change the locks, or at least the tumblers, on all doors.
- Consider upgrading the locks to deadbolts for greater home security.